Monday, December 19, 2016

Molasses Cookies

Its December and I am trying out a lot of different recipes to compare and see which ones are keepers. Funny thing is that it seems I always come back to my old recipes that have been handed down from my family members.
This recipe came from my mom and I think someone gave it to her when she was teaching school. I remember I brought these cookies to a swim meet during the holidays and one of the officials said that it was his favorite cookie and he hadn't had one that tasted like his grandmothers for a long time and that this one really hit the mark!
I have so many versions I am posting this one so I don't forget again which one is my favorite.

3/4 C unsalted butter
1 C brown sugar
1/4 C molasses
Beat this together for 2 min. at med. high speed until well incorporated.
1 lg egg
Add egg and beat well.
2 C flour
1 t baking soda
3/4 t ground ginger
1 t cinnamon
1/8 t ground cloves
1/2 t salt
Mix together the dry ingredients. Add to wet ingredients and beat until combined on stir. Or low.
Refrigerate a bit then roll into 1" balls or slightly larger but not 2". Place on cookie sheet and then flatten slightly with a sugared bottom of a glass. Then sprinkle with a bit of sugar and bake for 8 min. at 375 degrees. Let cook a couple of min. then place on a wooden surface to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment